I worked for Sears from 1991-2005 at various locations from Pittsburgh to Washington DC. Prior to that was miscellaneous positions and the United States Army.
District Operations Manager, Washington DC 1998-2005
– Manage district expenses; $13.3m Payroll, $7.1m Controllable Expenses
– Revenue growth; $9.8m Paid Labor, $4.8m Parts
– Financial Planning; Capital Expenses, Revenue generation, Expense reduction projects
– Facility management; Six Free Standing Facilities, one embedded branch
– Inventory Control; 220 Service Truck inventories, Seven remote branches, $5.8m inventory
– Asset Protection; Safety Program, Environmental Compliance, Inventory recovery and accountability
– Associate Development/Morale; 220 Service Technicians, 120 Support Associates, 24 Managers/Supervisors
– Process Management; ISO Management Representative and Lead Auditor trained. ISO 9001-2000 Registration.
– Six Sigma; Greenbelt
– Certified Facilitator; Foundations of Coaching for Performance, Level Three Sales Training, Counselor Service
Route Manager, Johnstown PA 1996-1998
– Manage 14,000+ annual Customer Service calls
– Manage 140 Technician Schedules
– Manage Service Routes for high productivity and most economical
– Manage customer service demands to technical workforce
– Provide excellent customer service
Military Police United States Army, 1985-1992
Performed duties as a Military Police officer in garrison and also in the field. Performed duties as a Team Leader most of my career. I was activated and sent to Germany during Operations Desert Storm. I was stationed in Ft. Lewis WA, Mannheim, Germany and also Stuttgart, Germany. Honorably discharged as a Sergeant.